Published On: Thu, Feb 8th, 2018

Golden retriever starts home fire after stealing pancake off of the stove, watch the video

A golden retriever in Massachusetts has become an Internet sensation after a new video caught the canine accidentally starting a small fire while sneaking pancakes off a stove while its owner was away.

In a video shared by the Southwick Fire Department, a dog can be seen jumping up on a stove and knocking a pancake off the plate on top. Presumably, while on the stove, the dog accidentally turned on one of the burners which led to flames erupting from the appliance and the house filling with smoke.

The video shows the dog walking over to a kitchen stove, getting on its hind legs and scarfing down what were reportedly leftover pancakes still on the stove. Clip also shows the pooch watching the fire grow as the alarm goes off. Later the dog (and its accomplice) relaxing on the sofa as the smoke alarm blares in the background.

Fortunately, the home’s alarm system responded immediately, alerting emergency personnel and they arrived before the flames spread.

The fire department posted the video with a message urging residents to take precautions to avoid incidents like this in the future.

GizModo noted the service is called Nest Cam. More here


On the DISPATCH: Headlines  Local  Opinion

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter

* indicates required

About the Author

- Roxanne "Butter" Bracco began with the Dispatch as Pittsburgh Correspondent, but will be providing reports and insights from Washington DC, Maryland and the surrounding region. Contact Roxie aka "Butter" at theglobaldispatch@gmail ATTN: Roxie or Butter Bracco

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>



The Global Dispatch Facebook page- click here

Movie News Facebook page - click here

Television News Facebook page - click here

Weird News Facebook page - click here