Published On: Tue, Nov 6th, 2018

Titus County Sheriff Tim Ingram identifies Maria De Jesus Castro Deleon, killed by Edgar Javier Martinez Sierra

An intense “crime of passion” led a Texas man to beat a woman to death, send anther man to a hospital in critical condition and then commit suicide. Titus County Sheriff Tim Ingram identified Maria De Jesus Castro Deleon as the victim and says that Edgar Javier Martinez Sierra hung himself.

Deleon, 32, was beaten to death with a carpentry tool that looked like a section of pipe early Saturday morning at a house on First Street in Winfield, according to Ingram. David Landeverde Diaz, 24, was also beaten and is in critical condition.

The murder happened in Winfield which is about eight miles west of Mount Pleasant in Titus County.

Sierra, 27, was later found dead.

“The suspect is actually the one that committed suicide so there’s no one armed out that anybody needs to fear. So we’re just wrapping up the loose ends now to absolutely prove that he is the one that did it,” Ingram said.

Sierra was babysitting for a friend who was visiting for a child’s birthday party. After that woman left, Maria and the kids all went to bed.

“For some reason, the young lady with the kids didn’t want to come that night with the others when they got through partying, which is what we can gather about one o’clock Saturday morning, so the victim in this was going to go home and be with the kids,” Ingram explained.

David Diaz went with her, and Sierra and Diaz had words with each other about Deleon’s affections in the past.

“When our suspect got up to go to work Saturday morning, found the two together in his living there on the couch, all we can gather is that he just lost it because he was pretty infatuated with this girl,” Ingram stated.

The Sheriff says Sierra went outside and came back with the weapon.

“He came back in with the tool and then beat both victims with the intent to kill both of them,” Ingram said.

Diaz survived the beating. It was the mother these kids who found them.

“She woke up a couple hours later around 9-9:15. She went in and saw the two together, and said she was yelling at them to get up, hey my kids are about to get up, y’all need to get up. And that’s when she realized they weren’t moving then noticed something bad was wrong. Saw the blood,” the sheriff detailed.

Sierra’s car was spotted Monday morning at an empty house Sierra was helping to remodel in Mount Vernon. SWAT was called in, and about 9 am Monday morning they entered the house and discovered Sierra, who Sheriff Ingram believes committed suicide Saturday morning.

On the DISPATCH: Headlines  Local  Opinion

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter

* indicates required

About the Author

- Catherine "Kaye" Wonderhouse, a proud descendant of the Wunderhaus family is the Colorado Correspondent who will add more coverage, interviews and reports from this midwest area.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>



The Global Dispatch Facebook page- click here

Movie News Facebook page - click here

Television News Facebook page - click here

Weird News Facebook page - click here