Published On: Wed, Oct 9th, 2013

Kinara Patel, Villanova student found dead in dorm, died from alcohol poisoning

The local medical examiner is reporting that the 18-year-old Villanova University student found dead in her dorm just three days after classes began, died from alcohol poisoning.

Kinara Patel

Kinara Patel

Kinara Patel died of alcohol poisoning, according to the Delaware County Medical Examiner’s office, in August.

The autopsy report, released on Sunday, states that the 5-foot, 2-inch tall Patel ingested a “lethal quantity of ethanol.”

Radnor Township Police Lt. Andy Block says investigators believe Patel died overnight after spending a night out with friends in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.

Her body was discovered by a friend, around 10am the morning of August 29 on the university’s main campus, according to officials.

Police said they were still researching all of the details, including the theory that she had been drinking in a bar the night before her death, Lt. Block said.

Vice President for Student Life the Rev. John Stack called Patel’s death “tragic.”

“All of us here at Villanova are saddened to learn of this tragedy and extend our deepest sympathy and prayers to family and friends of this student,”Father Stack said in the short message.

On the DISPATCH: Headlines  Local  Opinion

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter

* indicates required

About the Author

- Roxanne "Butter" Bracco began with the Dispatch as Pittsburgh Correspondent, but will be providing reports and insights from Washington DC, Maryland and the surrounding region. Contact Roxie aka "Butter" at theglobaldispatch@gmail ATTN: Roxie or Butter Bracco

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>



The Global Dispatch Facebook page- click here

Movie News Facebook page - click here

Television News Facebook page - click here

Weird News Facebook page - click here