Quantcast
Published On: Mon, Oct 30th, 2017

Kevin Spacey hit with more sexual harassment allegations after Anthony Rapp’s confession

Last night’s exposé on BuzzFeed in which actor Anthony Rapp detailed claims that Kevin Spacey made sexual advances toward him when the Star Trek: Discovery actor was 14 years old shocked Hollywood elites, still reeling from the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

Spacey took to Twitter tonight to respond, claiming that he was “horrified” by the story and does not remember the encounter, blaming drunkenness.

“As those closest to me know, in my life I have had relationships with both men and women,” he said. “I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I choose to live as a gay man.”

Rapp tonight did not address the response but he praised the “the many courageous women and men who have been speaking out” about sexual harassment in recent weeks:

In the BuzzFeed reveal, Rapp said that the advances happened after a party at Spacey’s apartment. Spacey picked Rapp up and put him on the bed, climbing on top of him. Rapp said that this was an attempt for Spacey to “seduce” him. “I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually,” he adds.

“My stomach churns,” said Rapp. “I still to this day can’t wrap my head around so many aspects of it. It’s just deeply confusing to me.”

Victoria Featherstone, artistic director of the Royal Court Theatre, was asked today during an interview on Radio 4, if she was aware of any egregious conduct by Spacey when he was working as artistic director of the Old Vic in London.

“I think that many people in the theatre and in the creative industries have been aware of many stories of many people over a lot of years, and Kevin Spacey would be one of the people that people have had concerns about, yes,” she said.

Nadine West also tweeted a male friend had been a victim of Spacey: “KS groped my young male friend when they were both working at the Old Vic. Was apparently always known as one to avoid. Sadly unsurprised.

WCVB-TV news anchor Heather Unruh, had accused the Oscar winner of attacking someone close to her.

“Nope to Kevin Spacey’s statement. Nope. There’s no amount of drunk or closeted that excuses or explains away assaulting a 14-year-old child.” — Dan Savage (@fakedansavage) October 30, 2017

House of Cards creator Beau Willimon issued this statement: “Anthony Rapp’s story is deeply troubling. During the time I worked with Kevin Spacey on “House of Cards,” I neither witnessed nor was aware of any inappropriate behavior on set or off. That said, I take reports of such behavior seriously and this is no exception. I feel for Mr. Rapp and I support his courage.”

On the DISPATCH: Headlines  Local  Opinion

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd ) [ALL INFO CONFIDENTIAL]

About the Author

- Writer and Co-Founder of The Global Dispatch, Brandon has been covering news, offering commentary for years, beginning professionally in 2003 on Crazed Fanboy before expanding into other blogs and sites. Appearing on several radio shows, Brandon has hosted Dispatch Radio, written his first novel (The Rise of the Templar) and completed the three years Global University program in Ministerial Studies to be a pastor. To Contact Brandon email [email protected] ATTN: BRANDON

Tags
Displaying 1 Comments
Have Your Say
  1. ‘House of Cards’ season 6 production halted after Kevin Spacey sex scandal | The Global Dispatch says:

    […] recounted the incident: “My impression was that he was drunk. He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the […]

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Sign up for our Weekly Newsletter



Categories

Archives

At the Movies



Pin It