Published On: Thu, Jun 29th, 2017

Five Medical/Injury Cases Where You May Need A Lawyer

Sometimes when you get injured you will just go to the doctor and get things taken care of. Your insurance will cover your bill and you’ll get on with your life. Sometimes what gets broken when you have an injury can’t be fixed and someone aside from you is at fault.

That’s when you’ll need a lawyer. When you are injured and it’s not your fault, you shouldn’t have to foot all your medical bills, not alone anyway. And what happens when your injury was caused by a hospital or doctor’s negligence?

Photo/Nodar Kherkheulidze via wikimedia commons

Medical Malpractice

Just like accidents can happen anywhere and anytime, mistakes can happen in the hospital, at your doctor’s office, and in surgery. When you are the victim of medical malpractice you have rights, but you might not get the right compensation if you don’t have the right lawyer. You need to have someone on your side that specializes in this type of case.

Whether you’re left permanently disabled or you just need a second surgery, your doctor put your life at risk and harmed you in a way that wasn’t part of the plan. Surgery comes with risks, but when something happens that wasn’t supposed to be part of that risk you can do something about it.

Auto Accident

If you get into an auto accident and you’ve been drinking, doing drugs, texting, or you fell asleep at the wheel, you may find yourself in court. Same goes if you were in an accident and the other driver was doing any of those things, and especially if someone dies or is seriously injured because of that accident. Get a lawyer that specializes in your particular case to get the best plea possible.

Pedestrian Accident

Whether you’re out for a jog or a nice walk, if something happens to you that harms you in any way, you may need to go to court. Maybe a neighborhood dog bit you or maybe you were hit by a car in the crosswalk. You have rights, and you have the right to compensation for your injuries.

Work Accident

An accident at work is a whole new ballpark. If your place of employment has worker’s compensation then you’ll be covered and maybe even get some paid time off. If they don’t you may lose your job and have to pay all of your own medical bills. However, depending on your work contract, you may still be able to get restitution for your injuries if it wasn’t your fault (this is where that lawyer comes in).

Slip And Fall

If you slip and fall at a business, inside or outside, and they didn’t have any kind of sign warning you about potential water or ice, you can sue them if you are injured. There are lawyers that specialize in slip and fall cases. Even if you slip on your neighbor’s stoop you are still owed compensation for your injuries, loss of wages, and medical bills.

Author: Anna Johansson

On the DISPATCH: Headlines  Local  Opinion

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter

* indicates required

About the Author

- Outside contributors to the Dispatch are always welcome to offer their unique voices, contradictory opinions or presentation of information not included on the site.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>



The Global Dispatch Facebook page- click here

Movie News Facebook page - click here

Television News Facebook page - click here

Weird News Facebook page - click here