San Francisco ranked best city for Valentine’s Day
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner and America’s sweethearts planning to spend an average of $136.57 each on the occasion, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2017’s Best Places for Valentine’s Day along with entertaining stats about the holiday in its Valentine’s Day Fun Facts infographic.
To determine the most romantic yet affordable cities for celebrating the Day of Hearts, WalletHub’s number crunchers compared 100 of the largest U.S. cities across 20 key metrics, ranging from “florists per capita” to “number of attractions” to “cost of a three-course meal for two.”
|Top 20 Places for Celebrating Valentine’s Day|
|1||San Francisco, CA||11||Tampa, FL|
|2||Scottsdale, AZ||12||Austin, TX|
|3||Orlando, FL||13||Irvine, CA|
|4||Honolulu, HI||14||Chandler, AZ|
|5||Seattle, WA||15||St. Louis, MO|
|6||Las Vegas, NV||16||Minneapolis, MN|
|7||Atlanta, GA||17||Henderson, NV|
|8||Portland, OR||18||Washington, DC|
|9||San Diego, CA||19||Plano, TX|
|10||Denver, CO||20||Colorado Springs, CO|
Valentine’s Day Fun Facts
- $18.2 Billion: Total Valentine’s Day spending projected for 2017.
- $4.3 Billion: Will be spent by the 18.7% of celebrators who plan to buy jewelry.
- $2 Billion: Will be spent by the 34.7% of celebrators who plan to buy flowers.
- 53 Percent: Share of women who said they would break up with their significant others if they receive nothing for Valentine’s Day.
- 20 Percent: Share of people who will buy Valentine’s Day gifts for their pets.