Quantcast
Published On: Wed, Jul 11th, 2012

Man undergoes surgery to remove steel bristle from bbq brush

A man underwent emergency surgery after a steel bristle from a barbecue grill brush got into his steak became lodged in his intestinal tract.

Adam Wojtanowicz went to Tacoma General Hospital after antibiotics and medication didn’t ease his acute stomach pain on Sunday.

“I would say it was more like being stabbed in the gut,” said the 31-year-old.

KING 5 reports that (http://is.gd/J7Tivj ) Wojtanowicz’s (woh-TAN-oh-witz) went to the hospital Sunday complaining of abdominal pain that wouldn’t go away despite his taking medication. Doctors found a metal bristle and performed emergency surgery.

This story arrives after a warning from the Centers forDisease Control and Prevention – published to coincide with the 4 July celebrations.

Physicians at the hospital performed a CAT scan, and Dr. Steve Norton performed emergency surgery on Wojtanowicz, removing a thin, metal bristle from his intestinal tract.

Courtesy of Adam Wojtanowicz

 

 

On the DISPATCH: Headlines  Local  Opinion

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd ) [ALL INFO CONFIDENTIAL]

About the Author

- Writer and Co-Founder of The Global Dispatch, Brandon has been covering news, offering commentary for years, beginning professionally in 2003 on Crazed Fanboy before expanding into other blogs and sites. Appearing on several radio shows, Brandon has hosted Dispatch Radio, written his first novel (The Rise of the Templar) and completed the three years Global University program in Ministerial Studies to be a pastor. To Contact Brandon email [email protected] ATTN: BRANDON

Tags

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Sign up for our Weekly Newsletter



Categories

Archives

At the Movies



Pin It