Quantcast
Published On: Tue, Jan 30th, 2018

James Franco cut and digitally removed from Vanity Fair’s new Hollywood issue

Vanity Fair released their highly anticipated Hollywood Portfolio earlier this week and James Franco has been cut from the Celebrity elite due to his sexual misconduct allegations.

This year the annual issue, which highlights actors who’ve had incredible years, features the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Zendaya Coleman, Gal Gadot, Michael B. Jordan, Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, Nicole Kidman, Claire Foy, Jessica Chastain, Michael Shannon, and Robert De Niro.

Franco garnered immense praise for his work on The Disaster Artist, was notably shunned from the issue after serious sexual misconduct allegations surfaced against him shortly after his Golden Globe win. New reports confirm that Franco had in fact posed for the cover, but was later digitally removed.

“We made a decision not to include James Franco on the Hollywood cover once we learned of the misconduct allegations against him,” the V.F. spokesperson said.

“The films and TV shows represented by the actors in this year’s Hollywood Portfolio — which for the first time offers a behind-the-scenes look at the shoot — took the #MeToo movement in stride, offering strong women in leading roles, as well as strong men supporting them,” reads the article, patting themselves on the back for the move of censorship.

Los Angeles Times report cited five women who accused Franco “of behavior they found to be inappropriate or sexually exploitative.” Some of those women first came forward with accusations on social media. A former girlfriend of Franco, Violet Paley, also alleged that she was pressured into performing oral sex in a car. They later advanced their consensual sexual relationship.

Franco has denied the claims.

During an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, he said, “I pride myself on taking responsibility for things that I’ve done. I have to do that to maintain my well-being. I do it whenever I know that there is something wrong or needs to be changed. I make it a point to do it. The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate, but I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice because they didn’t have a voice for so long. So I don’t want to shut them down in any way. It’s, I think, a good thing, and I support it.”

Daily Mail cite sources which say “He’s in a really bad place, so bad that he changed his phone number,” noting that did attend the Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday.

Another source told the publication, “His team wants him to continue making public appearances. He thinks he can save his image.”

“His close friends are trying to be there for him but it’s been hard – he’s only talking to a select group of people. For now, he’s just hiding out.”

About the Author

- Roxanne "Butter" Bracco began with the Dispatch as Pittsburgh Correspondent, but will be providing reports and insights from Washington DC, Maryland and the surrounding region. Contact Roxie aka "Butter" at [email protected] ATTN: Roxie or Butter Bracco

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>



Categories

Archives

At the Movies